The Hot Childs (in the city)

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sasha and Bishop meet and greet, Why I need Lisa to find a job ASAP

Today is SASHA'S BIRTHDAY. If you've forgotten, Sasha is our roommate. Happy Birthday Sasha.

THIS IS SASHA.


THIS IS SASHA'S CAT BISHOP


Actually that's my friend Kevin's cat Walter, but they look exactly the same.

It's only been a week, so we don't know much about them so far. I've noticed that Bishop likes to chill in the bathtub and knock mason jars off my dresser at 5 in the morning trying to eat my spider plant, which is apparently LSD for cats. Sasha is more of a mystery. If she has equally weird hangout spots and drug habits, she's more discreet about it. But she cannot hide for long.

Hi Sasha.

In other news, I need Lisa to find a job ASAP so I can have my friend and roommate back. Never one to relax for more than 5 minutes in a row while unemployed, she's taken to interviewing for nanny positions in every second of free time she has. Hopefully this madness will end soon. Yesterday I thought she talked to me while we were at the coffee shop but it turned out she was just mumbling to herself about a cover letter she was writing. And without her around, I do things like try to convince the Logan Square library to give me a library card using Netflix as proof of address. And get paint in my hair while painting our living room because I don't notice that I'm leaning my head against the wall as I work. And shop for another house plant mostly to settle the debate about whether the shopkeeper likes boys or girls (boys), then immediately lose the houseplant. I cannot help but feel that none of these things would have happened had Lisa been there. Yesterday she went to a Starbucks Job Fair; without her around I read an entire Joan Didion book on the death of her husband, stared at the ceiling for a half hour debating whether or not the book made too frequent use of repetition, temporarily envisioned myself leading the life of a non-fiction writer, and ended up with a 500 word essay on why I don't understand death.

Someone please employ Lisa.

But good news: I have found a woodworking studio to barter with. I will be painting cabinets in exchange for classes and studio time. More on me hanging out with retired men later!

1 comment:

  1. haha "WAIT A SECOND- THAT'S TOTALLY NOT MY CAT ... oh..." 9.5% beers? love you guys - great birthday, THANKS! <3

    ReplyDelete