The Hot Childs (in the city)

Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Thanksgiving Miracle

Right now, I am sitting watching "The L Word" with Brandy, which is a show we started watching over Christmas break a few years ago. Yeah, it's pretty much a serial show about lesbian relationships in L.A., but the characters are REAL. Actually, the show has gotten progressively worse with each season, but this is the last season, so we figured we might as well just finish. For example, there is this character named Jenny, and everyone hates her. This season opened with her death. WHICH WAS AWESOME. But now the rest of the season is happening in flashbacks, and personally, I want to see how Jenny dies. Because that would just bring me a lot of television closure to see.

Anyway, right now I'm watching the L word and I'm making a popping noise with my mouth at the cat. I wanted the readers of this blog to really know what life is like in our apartment. So in the words of Michael Jackson, this is it.

But we've also been doing fun things! Like hosting holiday gatherings, such as our gathering last night!

Twas the night after Thanksgiving, and all through the States,
All the creatures were shopping and redeeming rebates.
But up in Chicago, down in Logan Square
Friends gathered with crayons and ole dishes to share.
We ate meat white and dark and feasted on pies galore
Played board games of fun and heard Neil Young music of yore
So thanks for the cupcakes, the potatoes, the beer
And when we gather in December, we hope you're all here!



Yeah, entertaining is fun. It's especially fun when your friends and family are so generous that they bring way too much food to a potluck and you just end up eating for weeks. What?!?!?!

Okay, Brandy is done watching L word, so I think I'm going to do some cardioke. This is my first weekend off in a few months! Woo! Except for two weekends ago when I had the (not the swine) flu. That sucked. In other news, I'm trying to become a part-time nanny, so if you have young unprotected children, holla back.

Also, L word has the worst theme song/opening credits... EVER.

See here


ALSO THANKS FOR EVERYONE WHO VOTED ON OUR LAST POLL, WE WILL NOW BE ANSWERING ANONYMOUS SURVEYS AS "FLARKER"

2 comments:

  1. I too became obsessed with the L word. And yes, the seasons did become progressively more terrible. I've seen them all except the last season. But I swear to god, the opening credits... worst. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe jenny DIED!

    i also just shuttered when i started thinking about her.

    ReplyDelete